Day 287 - Sunday, April 9, 2017
In the Philippines, we watch General Conference the weekend after Conference takes place.  On Sunday morning, we viewed Conference in Bongabon.  It was translated in Tagalog.  It was a sweet experience as we watched President Monson get up and announce there would be a new temple in the greater Manila Philippines area.  The energy in the room at the moment was an emotional one.  Even though everyone had already heard of the announcement, hearing it from the mouth of our prophet, was electric.  It was a beautiful snapshot memory to me.
  
Sweet Sister Charity thought we would never see each other again.  It was wonderful to get a picture of she and her cute daughters after Church.
 
Just a few of the missionaries that I love!
 
We were able to see little Clark Aisan again.  He's growing so fast!
Another wonderful Sabbath Day learning and feeling in the Philippines!  #Hisday #PrinceofPeace

Day 286 - Saturday, April 8, 2017
These are pictures that we see a lot as we travel around our mission.  It is summer time in the Philippines.  It is difficult to find the water needed for such tasks as washing vehicles or clothes.  Going to the water is the answer!
 When we travel to Cabanatuan, we know it will be covered with trikes.  Why not!  After all it is the Tricycle Capital of the Philippines!  When the Dansie's lived here, instead of driving their car to get from place to place, they would hop in a trike.  It takes you door to door and no one needs to spend the time parking the car (which can take a long time)!  Brilliant!
It's festival time.  I've written about the love of festivals that Filipinos have.  In fact there are times that you drive on the road and there is a rope held on either side to block you from passing by.  Those holding it hope it get you to contribute with a few coins to help them with the cost of their festival.

Day 285 - Friday, April 7, 2017
So this is the real day of the celebration of my birth.  Sixty years ago, my parents welcomed me into their lives.  It was a miracle.  After many years of infertility and much fasting and prayer, a blessing was received in the temple from Elder LeGrande Richards. I arrived not long after.  I'm grateful for them, their faith and unending love.  And the rest is history.
 
I started the day at the LTO (DMV) since my drivers license would expire.  It was a surprising quick trip to obtain the proper documents.  Next a staff meeting for our upcoming transfer.  We added a few loved missionaries to the table because of some staff changes.
 
A lunch at the "Pancake House" put a smile on many faces.  I have been collecting hats in the Philippines.  They found one I've been looking for but unable to find.  These will someday be placed on a wall in my home. 
A trip to the quilt shop to pick up my final order.  Rosa's Quilts is an amazing, and sometimes dangerous place to go.  A quiet dinner at home with the President and rock in my life made it a perfect 60th birthday celebration.   

I cannot end this post without one of the favorite parts of my day.  My phone has been singing the whole day long with messages from our missionaries, past and present.  The kind and heartfelt messages they sent were an incredible testimony to me that we are doing a great work with some of the finest missionaries who will or have ever served!

Day 280 - Thursday, April 6, 2017
What's a birthday celebration without cake and ice cream?  No celebration at all....especially with a house full of missionaries.  This was taken on Tuesday but it is the day before the big day so I needed to share.  There isn't another place I'd rather be to turn 60 than in the Philippines Angeles Mission!

Day 279 - Wednesday, April 5, 2017
In the Philippines, Holy Week is one of the largest celebrated religious holidays.  Today we drove by a parade as they began their celebrations.  Holy Week or Mahal na Araw in the Philippines includes numerous traditional events. This is the country where Roman Catholics make 81% of population. 5% of Filipinos belong to Protestant churches. 4% of population belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, Iglesia Ni Cristo, Philippine Independent Church, Seventh Day Adventist, United Church of Christ and other Christian communities. Christianity of the country was in many ways influenced by the Spaniards who ruled the country for more than 300 years.  The Filipinos have proud traditions, most of which are tied to the nations Catholic background.  We seek to build upon their staunch Christianity by bringing them the fulness of the restored gospel.



Day 278 - Tuesday, April 4, 2017
Today was MLC.  Friday will be an official date of monumental proportions.  My age will no longer begin with a 5.  President Clark kept telling me that we would celebrate all week. Today it began with hats, cake and an amazing video from loved ones near and far.  We watched a few with our missionaries.  Emotions overcame me throughout the video.  People I haven't seen in years, family and friends back home and others who also serve in the Philippines. I am blessed beyond measure!  My cup runneth over.  

Day 277 - Monday, April 3, 2017
 
This cute sister is one of our Angeles returned missionaries!  She traveled early in the morning on a bus from Manila so that we could meet and work on some details for the reunion.  She is a HUGE help as we hammer through our planning.  She was also my translator as I met with some people about a service project.  Thanks for going above the beyond the call of service.  Because of your presence, angels helped move forward some issues I couldn't get through on my own.  Love our missionaries....past and present!

Day 276 - Sunday, April 2, 2017
Yesterday during General Conference, a new General Relief Society Presidency was sustained.  How exciting to see Sister Jean B. Bingham is the new President.  Just last month Sister Bingham and Sister Oscarson visited our area in the Philippines and we were able to personally meet them.  I am grateful for this presidency and the service they will provide to one of the largest women's organization in the world.  

Day 275 - Saturday, April 1, 2017
Saturday after Zone Conferences, I spoke to the sister leaders at the San Jose Stake.  I used my companion in this effort.  Together we taught the sisters about two of the topics that were requested and added one of my own.  The program said "Women's Meeting with Sister Clark" but I'm grateful that President Clark and the sister missionaries from San Jose were there to assist.  I was grateful to get this picture to remember this event even though many sisters had already left.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog