Day 67 - Sunday, September 4, 2016

The other day, President Clark and I went to a missionary's apartment in Guimba.  We were driving down a narrow dirt road looking for a place to turn around.  As we rounded the corner, we saw a long and narrow livery where cows laid their weary bodies.  
It is the beginning of the Christmas season in the Philippines.  We heard and sang Christmas hymns today at church.  My thoughts went to this livery and I wondered how different the livery was so many, many years ago.  Not only cows but sheep and donkeys possibly hovered over the sweet little Christ child who was born in their territory.
 "And she brought forth her first born son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger."
This sweet and somewhat smelly scene that we found as we traveled home from Guimba, is a gentle early season reminder of that night long, long ago when the Son of God was born, even Jesus.  It is Him whom we strive to be like.  It is Him whom we love.  This powerful scripture has more meaning to me as well as our missionaries as we serve Him with all of our heart, might, mind and strength; "Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God.  I have been called of him to declare his word among his people that they might have everlasting life."  These are the thoughts I have of Him on #Hisday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog