Day 221 - Sunday, February 5, 2017
It has been a wonderful and reflective Sabbath today.  I loved hearing the testimonies of many in Tarlac Ward 5.  The leaders announced that everyone must keep their testimonies to 3 minutes but there is so much to share.  Just when you think it is time to finish the meeting, a few more rush up to proclaim their thoughts and feelings.  While it's mostly shared in Tagalog, I love the passion of each member who stands to testify truth.  Then there are two darling children sitting near me who took a while to warm up to the woman with white skin and white hair (and finger puppets).  Eventually we made it there.  We sing a closing song that I've come to love while in the Philippines, "I Have Work Enough to Do, E're the Sun Goes Down." Soaking in every moment of the day, including those that build character through hard work and difficult situations.  This is what I've known for 2 1/2 years.  This is what I love.  So today there are more snapshots for my memory bank that will continue to build before our journey in the Philippines is through.  
This quote by President Uchtdorf seems be apropos right now:  

"This race of discipleship is not a sprint; it's a marathon.
As long as we continue to rise up and move toward our Savior,
we win the race with our torches burning brightly.
For the torch is not about us or about what we do.
It's about the Savior of the world."
Happy Sabbath #Hisday

Comments

Popular posts from this blog