Day 368 - Friday, June 30, 2017
I have a pair of shoes here.  I love these shoes.  They were very well made.  Before I purchased them, the salesperson took an imprint of my foot so they could see exactly what shoe would be best for me. 
I have worn these for over 3 years.  They have seen many miles…me and my shoes.  Many of the miles (kilometers), have been right here in the Philippines.  They have served their purpose.  In fact, I tried getting another pair of shoes.  They were not like these.  They were not comfortable.  I gave the new shoes away and kept wearing these.  You can see after 3 years plus, they are getting worn.  They are getting holes on the inside.  The rubber is pulling apart on the side. My shoes are still functional.  But they no longer have all of the padding and cushioning like the once did.  They are getting worn out. 
I look forward to going back where I got these shoes and get a brand new pair.  My feet will feel cushioned and recharged.  I will be able to run faster and jump higher. 
We will soon be having a change in our mission life.  The change is a new Mission President and companion.  They will have new energy.  They will be highly motivated to this mission and to the lives of our incredible missionaries.  They will have fresh inspiration and new ideas.  It will be like our missionaries will all get a brand new pair of comfortable shoes to run in!  We are happy to welcome President and Sister Johnson here.  They are so very excited.  They are the perfect couple to take over the Philippines Angeles Mission. 
Our missionaries are ready to receive them into their hearts.  We know they are already in their hearts.  We know that the Lord has handpicked the Johnson's especially for the Philippines Angeles Mission.  We know they will be in wonderful and capable hands! 
We were grateful for Tarlac Zone today.  We saw everyone except the Assistants who were busy transferring a last minute change in the mission.  We love them all!  #alwaysremember

Comments

Popular posts from this blog